Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 5 minutesTotal Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 8 lip balm tube Author: Eve
- 1 tsp of Candelilla Wax
- 6 tsp of organic coconut oil
- 2 tsp of organic refined Shea Butter
- 15 drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Melt wax, oils and butter in a double boiler on low heat.
- If you do not have a double boiler, simply use an aluminium bowl placed in a pan filled with warm water.
- Once everything has melted, mix well with a spoon.
- Add the essential oils.
- Pour into lip balm containers right away.
- If it has already starting to harden, don’t panic! Put it back into the double boiler for a few seconds until it melts again and pour the rest in the containers.
- Let it cool for one or 2 hours until it has completely solidified.
- Apply on your lips as often as needed!
- The shelf life of this vegan lip balm is about 1 year, depending on the shelf life of the oils and butters you have used. It does not need to be refrigerated.
- Yield: about 1.5 oz (7-8 plastic lip balm containers).