- Shea Butter Lotion Recipe ingredients:
- Water Phase: 10 tablespoons total-47%
- 10 tbs of organic aloe vera juice
- Oil phase: 10 tablespoons total-47%
- 5 tbs of organic refined shea butter
- 1 tbs of organic cocoa butter
- 4 tbs of organic camelia seed oil
- Natural Emulsifier: 5%
- 1 tbs of organic beeswax pellets
- Essential oil blend optional :
- This essential oil blend is great for aging skin and to fight wrinkles…plus it smells divine!
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 drops of rose geranium essential oil
- 3 drops of frankincense essential oil
- 3 drops of palmarosa essential oil
- Glass Salve Containers- You can find glass cream containers on amazon.com and amazon.ca.
- Combine all the oils, shea butter & beeswax to your double boiler(basically put a aluminum bowl in a pan filled with water} on low heat until they are melted.
- Take you bowl out of the heat and add the aloe vera (make sure it is a room temperature and not too cold) then start whipping until you get the creamy consistency desired.
- Add the essential oil if you wish and mix well.
- Pour in a glass jar container and use within 2 month.
- Yield: 2 times 50ml glass jar.
Tried this Recipe?
Mention @orgnicebeautyrecipes or tag #organicebeautyrecipes!